I don’t often stray out of my normal 5 things Friday but I’ve really enjoyed doing this book tag on the blog, so I may seek out more of them! I pinched this one from the lovely Niffler Reads 🙂
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”: Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
Minya, whilst her dynamic changes in Muse of Nightmares, in Strange the Dreamer I absolutely loved her!
2. “All I Want for Christmas is You”: Which book to you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?
Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amy Kauffman – I’ve wanted to read these for ages but they never quite make it to the top of my buy list when i’m in Waterstones (I’m always completing series not starting new ones) I’ve also been toying with wanting them in hard cover. Either way, it would be lovely to have on Christmas morning although I’m pretty sure Santa has other plans!
3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”: Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
Cinder from the Lunar Chronicles – I won’t elaborate as I know there are a few followers who still want to read this series!
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”: a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list?
b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?
A) Prince Cardan – sorry to all you Cruel Prince fans, I just think he’s a bit of a dick
B) Lysandra – they’d be lost without her!
5. “Frosty the Snowman”: Which book just melts your heart.
This is going to sound weird but the Six of Crows Duology, the serious squad goals going on there is amazing and it always makes me smile to think of their achievements!
6. “Feliz Navidad”: Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
So by reading pretty much entirely fantasy this is hard as they are mainly made up places, but one of my favourite contemporary’s with a sci-fi twist if The Time Travellers Wife which takes place in the US.
7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy.
I don’t really read holiday themed books but a great quirky, quick holiday read (which I think is also perma-free on kindle) is The Frivolity Fairies by Jo Michaels.
8. “Sleigh Ride”: Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
Carswell Thorne, spending the holidays exploring the galaxy on the Rampion!
9. “Baby it’s Cold Outside”: Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
Again I’m sorry to fans of the books, but I really was not a fan at all of the Shatter Me series.
10. “Do you hear what I hear”: Which book do you think everyone should read?
Doing a huge shout out to my girl M.A. Phipps, her YA Dystopian trilogy Project W.A.R is amazing, book one is Ultraxenopia and i’m really hoping for the conclusion in 2019!
Let me know if you pick up on this tag so I can check out your answers 🙂